Originally Posted by Daryl Fawcett
What do you mean by "assuming you can access your MySQL database from out side of your webspace"???
Most webhosts do not allow connections to the server from ip's outside of the server; this means that you cannot run a script on your computer to connect to your mysql server on your site; some servers however allow you to set your mysql configuration to allow this anyway.

Originally Posted by jgeoff
I get only 4.5GB space and 100GB transfer from ASO, which is barely enough for the 17 sites hosted on my account. Maybe I need to switch hosts -- or at least ask them to get a bit more current. wink
If you threaten to leave for another deal they will generally work with you; just quote prices from other sites like www.webintellects.com or www.powervps.com

If you do move, Id highly advise you look up the host and their owners (some companys have numerous sub companies that offer better deals) through WebhostingTalk, but keep in mind that some webhosts are horrid in the first place, so be sure to look up everything you can.

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!