Okay - I have been battling with my server ever since I upgraded to 7.

My number of visitors is around the 300 mark at any one time (including bots etc.) so not too high.

But the load is often around 6-20 during the day (currently 15+).

/forums/ubbthreads.php seems to be hogging most of the resources on the server, which in turn knocks email back and so we get into a downward spiral.

I am at a loss...

It is not the backup Gizmo wink as it is still daytime - but something is killing me and the server.

The server is...

2 x Maxtor \ 160GB:SATA:7200RPM \ DiamondMax 10
2GB DDR 400 ECC Reg
2 x AMD \ 265 - dual core - 1.8ghz \ Opteron 265

Can anyone suggest anything, as something is not right and I feel like jacking the whole thing in - I can only take a certain number of days and this is been going on now for 6 weeks frown (not all the time, but a fair chunk of it)