Hi all,

You know, I’m a long time user of UBB “Classic” (before it was called “Classic”) and have witnessed so many changes in the software that I’m really confused as to who the real UBB is.

First it was one thing (can’t even remember now, maybe it was simply Ultimate Bulletin Board), then it was changed to “Infopop”, then to something called “Groupee”, and I have no idea who owns it now. Plus there was a split in technologies, giving us two separate products called “Classic” and “Threads”, then a 3rd split to a fully managed and hosted solution.

Now I understand that both Threads and Classic will be a thing of the past with “7.1”.

I guess my questions are, Who owns “7.1” and where is it going in the future? Seems like when “Groupee” took things over they wanted to move in the direction of fully managed + hosted message boards, which I have little interest in.

Is this the direction we are moving in or are we back to privately owned and privately hosted boards again?

Also, why should I stick with “7.1” rather than go with new companies such as “VBulletin”? I’ve always liked the “UBB” product and don’t mind doing something a little different than what everyone else is doing, but at the same time I’m not clear on the future of this product.

Inputs? Comments?

Thanks,
Paul.