Hi,

I've got UBB.classic 6.3.1.1, and am having problems with the CPU maxing out for seconds at a time. The board currently has 2,998 registered users, and 336,642 posts on 14 forums. I'm not sure what is causing the server to run slowly, but I'm sure the cause is the UBB, since it's the perl executable that is using the CPU. (And the rest of the site uses ASP.) Am I overloading UBB.classic, and would switching to UBB.threads fix the problem? I've tried running the maintenance options on the board, and they usually fix the problem for a month or so, but it seems to be getting worse. Assuming the answer is yes, I have a few questions about the new version:

1) Is there a style/theme/etc that will keep the look of the bulletin board similar to the default UBB.classic 6.3.1.1 look I had before?
2) Will URL links to old posts still work, or if not, is there a way to patch this?
3) I have EMC Retrospect backup software that makes a copy of the changes to the inetpub directory daily; is there a simple way for it to backup the MySQL/etc data files?
4) How much would it cost to upgrade, including installation?
5) How do you remotely install the software? I'm running Win2K; Terminal Services client?
6) Does the new version support 'sticky posts'? (The only feature we're missing!)

Note that I do not currently have MySQL installed, and am running ActiveState ActivePerl v5.6.

I'm not posting my license key here for security purposes, but you can find it under my email address, which I used to register on this board with. (I do have my license key, if you'd like me to email it to you.) The bulletin board requires an invitation, so you can't view it now, but I'd be happy to email you a name & password if you need to see the board in action.

You can check out the website at www.raisinggodlytomatoes.com.

Thanks,

Shane

RnJpZW5kc2hpcCB3aXRoIHRoZSB3b3JsZCBpcyBob3N0aWxpdH
kgdG93YXJkcyBHb2QuICBKYW1lcyA0OjQ=