Let me try to word it easier...

The importer is for UBB.Threads 6.5.x to UBB.Threads 7.x (or UBB.Classic 6.7.x to UBB.Threads 7.x)...

The importer comes with redirection files so you can send your OLD forum links to the NEW ones. There is a URL area in each redirector file that points to your NEW INSTALL directory.

The redirector files go in your OLD INSTALL directory.

So, if your old url was:
http://www.mysite.tld/ubb

And your new url is:
http://www.mysite.tld/forums

The redirector files would go into:
http://www.mysite.tld/ubb

An exception however is that if you've imported the data and are running the files from the old directory location, you'd put the importers in that directory.


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!