I use this (crafted her myself, modified as to not show all of my sites, since it can get extensive):

Code
[root@server code]# cat backup.c 
# Create Backups with Today's Date
tar -cvpzf /home/backups/code/temp/ugn-`date '+%d-%B-%Y'`.tgz /home/ugn/
tar -cvpzf /home/backups/code/temp/mysql-`date '+%d-%B-%Y'`.tgz /var/lib/mysql/
# Change permissions on the above files to local user.
chown -R backups:backups /home/backups/code/temp/
# Upload Data
/home/backups/code/temp
ncftpput -R -b -DD -P 2121 -f /home/backups/remotebackup.conf /data /home/backups/code/temp
# Email user with completion
echo "The monthly backup of critical domains has been completed" | mail -s "Monthly Backup Completed" owned.ugn

Basically:
Backs up webspace.
Backs up Database
Changes owner to the backup user.
Uploads to my home machine.
Deletes the backup on the server.
Emails me that its complete.

Now here my "backup MySQL" backs up the mysql data directory directly; you could easily just program in your MySQL dump paramaters in its place.


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!