It won't nessessarily return just any term for just any search; it's kind of hard to explain briefly..

Well, the "reason" for the box is to clean up how URL's look, and how url's are fed to the browser/client requesting them; it's just that the "cleanups" work well with search engines; the initial cleanups in previous code where based off of proven techniques...

If you surf around UBBDev about 2-3 years ago you'll see me talking about search engine spiders and a paid search engine hack that I was using at the time; this was just before SE friendly url's where introduced into the feature set (of at least classic; I don't know when they where put into threads as I wasn't a threads6 user).


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!