Originally Posted by Sirdude
Originally Posted by ntdoc
Should work just fine. Copy down to your workstation, use any editor you want, then copy back to the server and overwrite.


that works ONE time. but if you then edit that particular style, it will grab the DB stuff and all your nice text edits are gonzo. that's why you'll see what looks like multiple copies of xxxx.css in your styles folder..

the key is to use import or copy from existing to get a new db entry for the style then use the style editor in the control panel. when you 'save', the db entry is updated and a new xxxx.css file is created to be included by your forum.

ftp'ing doesn't cut it.
OK I have a support ticket on this
so you can't import a css file ?
I was trying to import my old css from v5.5
as I just upgraded from 6.3 to 6.5.5 took the time to update my css then upgraded to 7.2.2 thats where the problem came in .
I went to style editor & seen import so I was trying to import the css from 5.5 .
so after reading this thread what I come away with is
you can not import a old css file what you need to do is make a new one using the editor or copy the style 1 or 2 text file & edit that outside ubbthreads then upload it & go back to the editor ? is this correct
if so darn it import is misleading