Originally Posted by jgeoff
Out of curiosity I ran the same thing to compare...

Slow_queries 642
Handler_read_rnd 30 M
Handler_read_rnd_next 913 M
Qcache_lowmem_prunes 141 k
Slow_launch_threads 4 - The number of threads that have taken more than slow_launch_time seconds to create
Created_tmp_disk_tables 13 k
Select_full_join 1,418
Select_range_check 4 - The number of joins without keys that check for key usage after each row. (If this is not 0, you should carefully check the indexes of your tables.)
Opened_tables 23 k
Table_locks_waited 3,349


Sorry to piggy-back on Basil's thread, but I seem to have similar issues. My web host enabled the slow queries log and came up with the following:
Quote
The main forum pages loads in 3 seconds for me, but I do see this in the log:

# Time: 080222 17:04:19
# User@Host: gbb_admin[gbb_admin] @ localhost []
# Query_time: 34 Lock_time: 0 Rows_sent: 1 Rows_examined: 91692
select COUNT(*) as posts,
sum(t1.POST_IS_TOPIC) as topics
from ubbt_POSTS as t1,
ubbt_TOPICS as t2
where t2.FORUM_ID = 14
and t1.TOPIC_ID = t2.TOPIC_ID
and t1.POST_IS_APPROVED = '1'
and t1.POST_POSTED_TIME > 120336
4960;
They said
Quote
Something in the tables Phil listed is causing the problem. You may want to review them in phpmyadmin to make sure there isn't bad data in there.
but I don't understand what the log entry is telling me. I had some "overhead" so optimized my tables, but not sure what else I can do...


GangsterBB.NET (Ver. 7.6.1.1)
PHP Version 8.1.34 / MySQL 5.7.23-23 / Apache 2.4.67
2007 Content Rulez Contest - Hon Mention
UBB.classic 6.7.2 - RIP