Out of curiosity I ran the same thing to compare...
Slow_queries 642
Handler_read_rnd 30 M
Handler_read_rnd_next 913 M
Qcache_lowmem_prunes 141 k
Slow_launch_threads 4 - The number of threads that have taken more than slow_launch_time seconds to create
Created_tmp_disk_tables 13 k
Select_full_join 1,418
Select_range_check 4 - The number of joins without keys that check for key usage after each row. (If this is not 0, you should carefully check the indexes of your tables.)
Opened_tables 23 k
Table_locks_waited 3,349
Sorry to piggy-back on Basil's thread, but I seem to have similar issues. My web host enabled the slow queries log and came up with the following:
The main forum pages loads in 3 seconds for me, but I do see this in the log:
# Time: 080222 17:04:19
# User@Host: gbb_admin[gbb_admin] @ localhost []
# Query_time: 34 Lock_time: 0 Rows_sent: 1 Rows_examined: 91692
select COUNT(*) as posts,
sum(t1.POST_IS_TOPIC) as topics
from ubbt_POSTS as t1,
ubbt_TOPICS as t2
where t2.FORUM_ID = 14
and t1.TOPIC_ID = t2.TOPIC_ID
and t1.POST_IS_APPROVED = '1'
and t1.POST_POSTED_TIME > 120336
4960;
They said
Something in the tables Phil listed is causing the problem. You may want to review them in phpmyadmin to make sure there isn't bad data in there.
but I don't understand what the log entry is telling me. I had some "overhead" so optimized my tables, but not sure what else I can do...