I'm not sure what you mean - do you mean my main "news post" that we keep on our site homepage?

http://forums.bellaonline.com/ubbthreads.php

yes that is very handy for people to scan. The channel list on the left also links directly to a given section of the forum and is another easy way for people to get somewhere.

What we used to have up until now is when you would go to the "forum list" page it would ONLY show the channel level summaries - I.e. the

Auto
Auto Polishing and Detailing | Cars | Motorcycles | RV

with those being linked, but without the forum-by-forum breakdown beneath that line. However, I used to do that customization change in

templates/default/cfrm.tpl

However, cfrm.tpl no longer has that code in it for me to change. So I have to dig through all the files and track down where I'd make that change. Can anybody point me in the right direction? The point is that that postlist page is HUGE right now and really hard to navigate. It's much easier if it's just a list of channels and the forums within each channel.

What I would add in is this code, right after the first if -

{if $catrow[2].CatId == 7}
{section name="cats" loop=$catrow}
{$tbopen}
<thead>
<tr>
<td align="left" valign="top" class="category" colspan="5" >
<a href="{$config.BASE_URL}/ubbthreads.php?ubb=cfrm&c={$catrow[cats].CatId}">{$catrow[cats].CatTitle}</a>
{if $catrow[cats].CatDesc}
<br />
<span class="small">     {$catrow[cats].CatDesc}</span>
{/if}
</td>
</tr>
</thead>
{$tbclose}
{/section}
{/if}

and a few other matching end ifs and such to round it out.

Lisa Shea, owner, BellaOnline.com
BellaOnline Website
BellaOnline Forums - UBB since Apr 2002 - 58,000 members / 850,000 posts