$50 for a half hour for something to do what it was supposed to do in the first place? I'm technically proficient and have worked my way through some pretty gnarly installs and upgrades in my time with patience and the eternally impressive goodwill and knowledge of the online community. But if, as seems to be the case here according to many posts on these same boards, the latest version of Threads simply doesn't work with the provided upgrade script, why did I just spend a hundred dollars on it?

Yes, I know it's not a perfect science and that such transitions depend on a myriad of factors. (I also run Movable Type, so you can tell how much of a masochist I am.) But if the best I can get is a full stop with no idea where to even start debugging, I'm not going to be eager to shell out hundreds of dollars for support. The supposed convenience of an upgrade was the main reason for sticking with UBB, which has worked fine for me for many years. Sorry to be cranky, but with so many other options out there it's frustrating to feel like one's loyalty is misguided.

So, any suggestions about where to start looking to solve this? It's not like a time out or a MySQL problem I've seen before. (Of course there are millions of errors I haven't seen before...) Perhaps officialdom could provide me with a link to download the older 7.x version you were talking about that actually works with the import script?