With the 7.x version it is more secure that the 6.x series. But!!!
It all depends on what your security settings are.
The more open you make your board the more you expose yourself to spammers.
Nothing will stop a person not a bot, from registering on your board and posting spam.
Even if you moderate registrations, How are you to know a person is a spammer.
In BILL B's issue he missed a setting to disallow guests to post in one forum.
If you enable all the security settings today it will not eliminate all spammers but will minimize it quite a bit. But like anything else the more security you add the more it will make it difficult for users to register.
I currently am using 7.5.2.
Coming from a Classic Version point of view I could not be happier that I made the change.

Also for jgeoff he is using 7.3 on his board I believe.

Last edited by Ruben; 04/19/2009 3:30 PM. Reason: Added Comment

Blue Man Group
There is no such thing as stupid questions. Just stupid answers