Ok, thanks Gizmo. I took a look, but those files aren't quite what I was after - though to be fair I probably didn't quite say what I meant! wink

It's to do with changes in the URL structure from the dynamic URLs to search engine friendly URLs. The SE friendly URL system is great, but currently it leads to a duplicate content. Take this:
Code
forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=cfrm
and this...
Code
forums/ubbthreads.php/ubb/cfrm

The thing is BOTH of these addresses are valid, but I only want the SECOND to lead to a page - the first I want to 301 redirect. Now, I've discovered that I can use something like the following to match up query string pairs for an htaccess redirect:

Code
RewriteCond %{THE_REQUEST} ^[A-Z]+\ /forums/forumcode\.php\?([^=]+)=([^&]+)&([^=]+)=([^&\ ]+)\ HTTP/ 
RewriteRule ^forumcode\.php$ http://www.example.com/forums/forumcode.php/%1/%2/%3/%4? [R=301,L]

However, though this reconstructs the query string in order, often the result is a database error, so it clearly isn't the foolproof method. So, has anyone done any work on this? HELP? smile

ADD - It occurs to me that this COULD be achieved in the UBBThreads PHP. If a query string is set, then rather than dealing with it it could be 301 Redirected to the SE friendly address. At least as an option for SEO bent admins?!??!

Last edited by Neil White; 04/30/2009 9:11 AM. Reason: Had a thought... :)