Not so fast.
5) They had a site license so I cannot upgrade. So I will be purchasing the new version of UBB (7.5)
If you can prove that it is in fact the same site per say you could upgrade instead of purchasing a new license.
Usually the email address is the key.
So you could inquire to UBB about that.
Might save a few dollars.

Can I import this data from 6.3.0 into the new version of 7.5 and retain all the posts / threads.
Most everything can be imported but you would need to take this in two steps. Upgrade to the current classic version ,then upgrade to threads. Both are down loadable in the member area.

Do I need a hosting server account (I was told GODADDY) prior to receiving the UBB 7.5
Yes you need a hosting account. Look at the requirements on the home page at ubbcentral.com

Is there a demo or video on how to set up 7.5 and import data from 6.3.0
No there is not . But it is fairly straightforward to install and you have this forum for help. Either from users like me or the vendor.

Is UBB 7.5 a standalone program that updates are uploaded to a server? Or all server based?
As long as your host has mysql,PHP per the requirements
PHP 4.3+
MySQL 4 or 5
You should be fine.

I am reading pre-ordering forum as fast as possible to find these answers. However, if someone could answer these question. It would be a big help. They are not giving me much time to say yes, before the old data is throw away.
As long as you have a backup of the old site. you will be fine if you need to changehosts.


Blue Man Group
There is no such thing as stupid questions. Just stupid answers