We're running Ubbthreads 7.5.3. I've tried everything I can think of to get users to stop replying to the emails they get notifying them that they have a private message or a new post in a thread that they are watching. Nothing works.

So I thought I would just remove the content from the email. That way they would still get the notification, with a url link to click on, but they would not see any content. But, I can't seem to figure out how to do that.

The first thing I did was edit the language file mailer.php and removed PMN_CONTENT2_TEXT and PMN_CONTENT2_HTML completely. But I'm still getting the contents of the private message in the email, and the bozos are still replying to the email.

Then I edited mess_reply.php PRIV_BODY so it looks like this
You have received a private message at %%BOARD_TITLE%%.

You can reply to this message at the following link:

%%PM_ADDY%%
I also edited sendmessage.php PRIV_BODY as follows
You have received a private message at %%BOARD_TITLE%%.

You can reply to this message at the following link:

%%PM_ADDY%%
What do I have to do to stop PM content from showing up in the emails? If I can figure that out, then I'll work on watched topic notifications next.

Here's an example:
DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL. THE SENDER WILL NEVER SEE IT!!!
Hi baldeagle,

a.d.-hawk made a new post at The Stovebolt Forums

You can view the post by clicking this link. The post contents are shown below:

a.d.-hawk: Re: Begun some plans
We plan on being back!! Cant wait!!

This email sent to you because your profile and/or board configuration allows it.
You may change your preferences at any time.
For private messages, the line "The post contents are shown below:" no longer appears, but the content still does. I've searched high and low to figure out where that's coming from but haven't found it.

Oh, and please make this an enhancement request. I'd like to be able to uncheck boxes in the Control Panel that say "Include post contents in email" and "Include private message contents in email".

Last edited by Baldeagle; 07/25/2009 3:55 PM.

The Stovebolt Geek
https://www.stovebolt.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php

Server Information
UBB.threads Version 7.7.5
Release 20201027
Server OS Linux
Server Load 0.16
Web Server Apache/2.4.6
PHP Version 7.4.33
MYSQL Version 5.7.43
Database Size 1.85 GB