A mod from another forum once informed me that there are authorities who take this subject very seriously -- like a branch of the police or something. I understand that its rather common.

Anyhow i got an insult directed at me -- nothing new, it's happened before -- part of the job, IMO. But then i got more and more comments.

Then i received a threat.

I laughed out loud!

This moron is sooo stupid and sooo frustrated! He’s been uanble to order me around and he’s been unable to bully me. Then he has a hissy fit when he finds out that this ‘Moderator’ person who he’s been sucking up to is actually me. He’s basically sending me the message that he’s so pathetic that he’ll resort to trolling our own forum while hiding behind a Proxy IP address.

Unbelieveable!

There are only two possible explanations to this

1) it's this idiot who's full name and address i already know.

OR

2) it's someone else who knows a good bit about me and is doing an amazing job in making me think that the forementioned idiot is trolling his own forum – extremely unlikely.

Anyhow i pretty much just forgot about comments direct towards me. But then the troll insults an elder woman on my forum. And it is no longer a laughing matter. Now its time to deal with this coward.

I’m guessing that it's him again attempting to make some weak ass argument.

i.e. "We have trolls on our forum [suddenly, right after he and i exchanged words] and therefore Tacks is not doing his job! Therefore my big fat arrogant self would be the better man for the job because, if elected, i will cure cancer, i will...."

Sorry for being longwinded. But i thought some of you might get a kick out of this.

Anyhow, anyone have any experience with this? I reside in the states. The forum is based in Western Europe (lets say Whales). I believe that i might need to file a complaint with the local police department (which seems like a lot of work for such pettiness, but i will do it). How do i go about this?

And if you don't know but know someone who would know then please tell me.

thanks in advance for your comments,
and thanks for all the help in the past,

Last edited by tacks; 05/31/2010 8:41 AM.