I think I detect a semantics issue here...
As for backup and restore, I've been referring to the UBB Threads ONLY Control Panel >> Backup Tables option.

But maybe others are referring to the website's control panel backup and restore. I don't want or need to do that, since I want to create the new site as a clean site -- no old garbage.

I use WS-FTP, so moving the 65 tables is pretty simple two-step hop: download to my laptop, upload to new site, and all files get transferred in a single copy operation (for me).

I already have Threads 7.5.6 installed and running on the new site: http://184.154.40.242/~whitneyz/wz/

It's just that all the forum tables are empty, except for my admin userid. The UBB Control Panel shows I have 65 tables and a total 162 rows.

So I'd like to proceed and import all the data from my old site using the UBB Control Panel's "Backup Tables" mode to capture the data. Then move the backup tables using FTP.

Here is my main question: What is the next step to import the data from those backup (SQL script) files?

...or is that a bad thing to try, since I am backing up a 7.5.3 environment and loading into a 7.5.6 environment? (If it would be better, it wouldn't bother me to blow it away and create a 7.5.3 environment.)

And don't worry, the old site runs untouched until I get this done -- trial run at least once, maybe more.