GREAT STUFF AND THANKS FOR IT!!!!

However, I beleive I have uncovered a larger problem which I will definately need help to figure out.

BTW, I have had no trouble getting to the control panel.
That is no worry.

Last night, after I deployed the test config file, and confirmed the manually configured options were retained and shown in the CP, I went to bed feeling pretty good.

So I just got off work and logged in and still the settings are retained.

HOORAY!! grin

well, not so much.

It is still bothering my how all the settings got wiped out when all I did was apply a very trivial change to the header "includes".

SOOOOO, as a test, WITHOUT HAVING MADE ANY CHANGES I just clicked the "Update General Display Settings" button...

POOF

All the settings I made manually are again gone...

So apparently, ANY CLICK of those buttons, even if no changes have been made, wipes out all of the settings.
mad
Sure, now knowing I can manually re-edit the config file and the themes file, I can get us back up to normal, but, does anybody have any ideas why the settings get blanked out if I actually use the CP Buttons?

I'm really out of gas on that question and could use some suggestions please... confused