Just a side thought;
is it possible these control panel settings are actually housed in the various related tables with specific IDs and not necessarily in their own table(s).

For example, user specific control panel settings housed in a specific user record in the users table, etc.

I notice there is one user record with the U_Username **DONOTDELETE** and U_Number of 1

I do not see any of the settings I would expect to see, nor do I see any similar records i nthe U_Boards table where presumably other board specific settings would need to live if this theory were accurate.

Just grasping at straws here, trying to figure out how we could lose an entire table, or if we actually did lose an entire table.

we have a two year old back up and the tables listed in it are also contained in the current db...

(i know, two years is waaaay too long to go without a back up, but seriously, that was not supposed to be my area of responsiblilty and I always just assumed it was being done by the person whose job it was).