I have been dealing with this issue for bit which was mostly restricted to Internet Explorer users, but is not moving to other browsers.

Here is the email I get, almost daily now as we have at least 35 people registering a day, if not more.
Thanks for you help, but it still doesn't work. I can say it's not on my side since I used 4 different comps including my work computer. I know I'm not using common names because I tried things like "uVfh5ryfl" and other randomly generated names as well as using 3 different email addresses. Clearing cookies didn't work and I tried Firefox, IE, Chrome, Safari and even my two ipads. Security settings are non existent and it's not a firewall issue (couldn't be anyway). I even tried while at Starbuck's on my laptop while hooked up to their wi-fi network.

I keep getting this regardless of unique username used:

UBB Message
This Display Name is already in use. Please choose a different Display Name.

I know it sounds like error but I'm sure it's not. Thanks again for your help as I wish I could join your forum as I'd like to read up, contribute and buy from a user that recently posted an LMT upper for sale (Thorn). I'll continue to try but at this time I'm out of ideas.

Also I can say, using the Member Management, I can find a member by Name one minute and then next minute it says they dont' exist in the database. Could the Database be corrupt and need to be worked on ?

Something is definitely going on, been using UBB since 2001, I have 50k registered members, and UBB is not acting 100%. It's definitely slow doing administrative things, if I have to delete a user and their posts, it creeps along at a snails pace.

What can be done to optimize this, I have plenty of server power, just UBB is not acting right.