I know Rick has a full time job, and has been looking after this almost full time for years..
How many of us are doing something similar? I can say this, there have been times that if someone would have offered me enough pizza for a week I would have sold my site. I would not have contacted my moderators, and I think I have about 30 now.
Thankful, after I changed over the mindraven hosting most of my problems ceased.
Please lets give new guy until the middle of next week to figure out where he is taking this, at that time we will also decide which way we are taking our forums.
Not all things happen they way we want them to. He needs to have some time to plan out what he is doing, I doubt if he had plans of owning this up until a dozen days ago..
and so it goes............