Originally Posted by Stan
We need to let him step up to the plate. Give him a break, if he is investing in this he will want a decent return on his investment.

Stan, first I quasi agree with you. However, what makes UBB different from any of the other forums out there (and as much as I love UBB and hate to say it) that are just as powerful inexpensive and easy to use. What makes UBB different to date is the level of community support, and the personal attachment that Rick brought to the table. He has a personal interest not only in his product, but also with the community he helped to build with it. This level of attention to the customer has developed a trust that so far has not even been acknowledged by the new ownership. Money isn't everything and can be spent elsewhere. So while I understand not having a fully developed plan, I also don't understand why there isn't any effort put forth to become part of the community and build up from there as the information itself for the project gets sorted. I don't think that I am alone in this assumption. Alienating a full community that has helped each other, (and in retrospect) anyone that has had a question over the years, and continues to provide support to each other and for UBB is not exactly a winning (or money making) ideal that represents UBB well. IMO.

Just my two cents, but I am also looking at alternatives. Something I never thought I would really want or have to do. However, (and I am speaking for me) I have been using UBB threads since about 2000-2001 somewhere around there, and if we can't get the level of service and family feel that UBB represented in the past, then there are more economical, and just as nice, and easy to use forum software out there.

Dunny