I want to thank everyone above for their help. My system is up and running again with no apparent loss of data. I have one small problem that I'll list below. Before that I want to post what I did in case anyone in the future reads this topic for a similar problem. I've seen too many topics where someone posts a problem, gets some suggestions, then never comes back to say if it worked or not. In this case it did.

I did have to manually change the database password in the config.inc.php as recommended above. Once that was done, my system came up. I did get some permission errors. I missed a couple of them when I initially checked and changed them. Once I corrected the permissions, I did a rebuild on all the datases using the contrpl panel functions. They complete with no errors. I probably didn't need to do that, but I knew if I had any problems that was the first thing that would be recommended.

The only outstanding problem is that the New Post and New Topic islands are not updating. I have them as a portal entry and as an external web page. Neither are updating. They stop at that last post prior to my crash. I'm sure something has to be reset or updated somplace but I couldn't find anything in the docs or on the forum (unless I overlooked it). Any suggestions on how to reset those islands would be appreciated.

Last edited by DennyP; 10/16/2011 8:30 PM.

DennyP - www.dennyp.com
DennyP Travel