As far as the signature goes the message is not the default message that you posted but that can be changed in the language files. So maybe you did change it from the default. So you could edit the language file again and state a note in the profile page that "no signatures are saved until x number of posts"

That is the default signature message I get with my 7.3.1 version of Threads when I go to Control Panel/Site Permissions, select the new group and set the permissions for signatures to 0. I haven't rewritten anything, especially since I wouldn't have a clue where to rewrite it. However, the way it is worded on my site permissions screen is "maximum length of signatures". There is nothing that asks if someone can or cannot post a signature. The closest this version gets is asking is if an image can be posted in their sig field.

For elevating groups based on posts.
Newbies would be null or 0
Users would be say 10

Sorry, there's no "post count" box for "Users". Only groups I created have a post count box.

You could change the wordlet from "The contents of the Signature field is too long." to "You do not have permission to create a signature."

Thanks, Gizmo. Where is that located?