Thanks for the feedback. I've been trying to follow up on Ruben's post, but have gotten nowhere fast. My main problem is that I really am limited with coding. That's one reason I originally went with UBB 9 years ago. I thought the install directions and configuration directions were doable for me, and I was up and going fairly quickly.

If I could only get into the Control Panel to configure.

This my situation. The web host where UBB forum is situated has gone off-line. [I have no time to be trying to chase them down (primarily because I think they are about to go under and stop functioning, i.e., go out of business).] It happened sooner than I thought, and I was caught off guard. Otherwise, I would be able to use the CP on UBB on their servers.

Anyway, I downloaded my whole website (including the UBB forums) to my hard drive using Fetch. It's residing there (in 2 copies). BTW, when you say database I assume that you mean the whole install of 7.5.6.

I have a copy of MAMP on my computer so can set up UBB there to get access to the database (to configure). Is that doable?