I know how you feel
I was fortunate to obtain a gold license for one site before they expired.
So I am not impacted by this other than it is for only one site not all.

But I just reviewed the license agreement and
even though we did get a freebee security patch the last time it goes as follows:
6. Member Area. Subject to the terms of this Agreement and full payment of the applicable license fees, You will be permitted free access to the Member Area of UBBCentral's website for a predesignated period of time following Your agreement to the terms of this License. In the Member Area, you may download current versions and upgrades of the Software, as well as future temporary fixes, programming temporary fixes, and updates. Thereafter, access to the Member Area is subject to Your purchase of an annual subscription. If your Member Area subscription lapses, and is not renewed, you are not eligible to download or otherwise receive copies of the software except by repurchase of a Member Area subscription. Except as specified herein and unless otherwise agreed in writing by the parties or unless You have opted to purchase support, Mindraven is not obligated to provide training, maintenance or support of any kind for the Software. At its sole discretion and at any time, Mindraven may discontinue the UBB Member Area, or any service or feature available through the Member Area.

The odd part is the agreement still has the Mindraven name in it, I would think that this would have been the first item on the list to edit after the sale.

But anyway posting here is a user community location and not a official communication vehicle to the vendor. Even though they do visit and post here.
If you want clarification then I would suggest you submit it officially via a support ticket.

Blue Man Group
There is no such thing as stupid questions. Just stupid answers