I'm even worse. I have 6.2 with - so very many modifications it's unbelievable and I'm not kidding. Our developer tweaks everything to suit users, but... we got got.

Root.

Somehow I feel we need to kill off the aged UBB: the PHP 4 and all other aged crap: I do not EVER want to go through this kind of woe again and that means security. Which means no longer running aged stuff.

I cannot do this until October: my busy season starts this month, and if I were to change software - GOD help me (1.2 mil/day - really more.) Been using this version forever: my users have been with me 10 years and 1 thing is 100 percent sure: THEY LOATHE CHANGE.

Anyone who updates us is going to have to add at least one very minor hack.

I haven't checked here in so long - please tell me UBB still provides threads? If not, I get to go through the hell of finding a new board. ACK (Users MIGHT put up with some change: no more threading? Not in this life.)

If anyone is free in late Sept - Oct - jokerette gmail will do it. I'd like you to look the site over and give me a guesstimate guote just for the update: THEN I'll decide which of the tweaks need to be added, which can go.

Thank you guys so very much for any responses -

Hey while I'm at it, I realize 6.2 is older than God (and my techie HAS been super safe checking data before entry into the db,) still - are there any patches for the old thing?

Jokersupdates - running 6.2 and keeps on ticking!