Our board has been up since ~2001. Between then and now, no maintenance has ever been done to purge users who no longer have a valid email address listed. Well now I'm trying to take care of that, but I'm running into issues.
What I did was set up a user group labeled "Inactive". The plan was to send a mass email to every registered user on our board through the control panel, and for every email address that came back as undeliverable, that user would be moved in to the Inactive group. Problem is the system seems to be having issues with this. So far I've repeated this four times and every time I get a batch of 10-20 undeliverable addresses. It seems to be sending the email to a certain number of users and then giving up. One of our board members has received all four emails, while another one has received zero.
Any ideas on a better way to take care of this, or if I'm just doing something wrong?
Thanks,
Brian