There are two triggers in UBBT 7.5.8

The first one, as you mentioned, is in scripts\adduser.php within the "page_adduser_run" function, that does not specify if the user needs to be verified or not, just a successful registration (as you've already said smile ). Which, if you're having troubles with many spammers creating accounts, wont be a problem to trigger, and trigger often.

The second one is located in admin\login.php at line 23 ($deldate = $html->get_date() - 86400;). This one is triggered whenever anyone enters the admin page... but the code looks incomplete -- please correct me if I'm wrong here.

I seem to also recall that there was also a "{$rebuild}" command within the forum.tpl file that would do some house cleaning and cache checking/building every time the forum list was generated -- but I cannot find much relating to that in the current UBBT 7.5.8 code, other than a string reference to update the online list within ubbthreads.inc.php.

I also know that portal uses a cache and refreshes itself on intervals as defined within Control Panel > Portal Settings.

Maybe the TWO items listed above are enough -- so as to create a balanced environment where checking and purging unverified (beyond 24 hours) users is done only as often as necessary. Constantly checking the Control Panel > Home page, looking at the Registration Queue, can be nerve racking when you're expecting these "users" to verify their email or be purged, but remember, UBBT is doing it's thing and the unverified users will soon be purged next time one of the two triggers mentioned above is activated.

From my previous post...
Also, see the Stop Forum Spam FULL VERSION link @ https://www.ubbdev.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/319158

NOTE: Thanks Ruben. It was nice to also revisit this bit of code on my own sites. I was curious as to a few things relating to this topic, and it pushed me to also research those. smile

Current developer of UBB.threads PHP Forum Software
Current Release: UBBT 7.7.5 // Preview: UBBT 8.0.0
isaac @ id242.com // my forum @ CelicaHobby.com