I too am quite frustrated that a product that I love and have worked closely with over the years appears to just be abandonware; I worked hard at building business relationships with various communities over the years (clicky) just to have a huge majority of my clients (and friends) hop ship to other solutions due to the lack of updates.

I see no problems in the ability to generate a release on a proper schedule just for maintenance, let alone adding in small features and UI tweaks; to attempt to salvage one of the largest names in forum software.

And in case anyone is interested, Dave at Groupee said to me that if they KNEW that Rick was planning to sell (like a lot of us would have hoped to be a part of that discussion in the first place), they'd have bought it themselves just so this current state wouldn't be an issue.

I love this software, and those of you who've clung to hope over the years; but come on, we still don't *publicly* (ie we haven't been told vs having to go look up the registration info for the LLC) even know a thing about our "new" owner, let alone if he's still alive since evidently face time with what's left of active users just doesn't happen.

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!