I guess the first question should be, will 7.5.7 work with MySQL 5.6? It's actually MariaDB 10.0, but for all intents and purposes, it behaves as MySQL 5.6.

The issue is when I change the database host to the new target database server the board no longer works (and over the years I've done this time and time again as database servers come and go. I then have to go into the config.inc.php file and change the DATABASE_SERVER value back manually to get out of the mess.

What happens is immediately after the change apply & redirect I get the following error in the browser:
Fatal error: Call to a member function error() on a non-object in (full path removed)\libs\mysql.inc.php on line 63

Here is the error that shows up when you attempt to visit the forums:
UBB Message
We encountered a problem. The reason reported was
Database error only visible to forum administrators

Please click back to return to the previous page

And this is in the MySQL log:
Script: - Line:
SELECT t2.USER_TOPIC_VIEW_TYPE, t1.USER_ID, t1.USER_DISPLAY_NAME, t1.USER_PASSWORD, t1.USER_SESSION_ID, t1.USER_MEMBERSHIP_LEVEL, t1.USER_IS_BANNED,t1.USER_RULES_ACCEPTED, t1.USER_IS_UNDERAGE, t2.USER_TOTAL_PM, t2.USER_STYLE, t2.USER_HIDE_LEFT_COLUMN,t2.USER_HIDE_RIGHT_COLUMN, t2.USER_LANGUAGE, t2.USER_MOOD, t2.USER_RELATIVE_TIME, t2.USER_TIME_OFFSET,t2.USER_SHOW_ALL_GRAEMLINS, t2.USER_AVATAR, t2.USER_TITLE, t2.USER_CUSTOM_TITLE, t2.USER_NAME_COLOR, t2.USER_SHOW_LEFT_MYSTUFF,t2.USER_GROUP_IMAGES,t2.USER_TIME_FORMAT
FROM ubbt_USERS as t1,
ubbt_USER_PROFILE as t2
WHERE t1.USER_ID = 3
AND t1.USER_ID = t2.USER_ID
- Table 'forums.ubbt_USERS' doesn't exist

That table does exist though. I can remotely log into the new database server with the database user and password and have verified I can do queries and such on the forums databases/tables. I have restarted the appropriate application pool and the entire IIS process. Still no go. We even have an app we coded that provides a read-only peek into the forums database for statistics/tracking that functions fine on the new server so that even serves as an additional test.

I've done this many times over the years and never had an issue. *But*, this is the first time using MySQL 5.6 or MariaDB so I don't know if that is the issue. I tend to think MariaDB is a red herring though as every other MySQL based app is functioning fine. Out 18 MySQL dependent apps (actually more, as I'm counting databases, not web apps), this is the only one being a bear. Bugzilla, Joomla, all my CakePHP stuff, internal one-off Perl stuff, etc. all handled just changing the IP address to the new server fine with no issues, but UBB pukes and dies. This is the last remaining database on this server preventing it from being pulled from production.

Thanks in advance for any insight into what the issue might be.

UBB Since November 07, 2000.