Originally Posted by Bilalianman
Should I start from the beginning again? I first uploaded the new version, then, I uploaded the includes, cache builder, styles, etc... this was done without the corrected DB, I tried to run the upgrade, it didn't work. THEN i corrected the DB and went straight to the upgrade again. Maybe I need to start from the beginning with the new DB in place?

How I would upgrade an OLD UBB.t install on a modern system (as UBB.threads versions prior to 7.3 shouldn't work with a modern version of PHP, and UBB.threads versions 7.5.8 and newer won't work on older PHP builds [7.5.8 added compatibility with PHP 5.4 and PHP 5.5 & Compatibility with MySQL 5.6]):
  • Upload Old DB
  • Upload NEW UBB Files
  • Overwrite the folders cache_builders/custom/ (NOT /cache_builders) and /includes/, and the styles/wrappers.inc.php file.
  • Edit the includes/config.inc.php file (that should now be your old configuration) and update your connection information.
  • Run the UPGRADE script, install/upgrade.php and login as an administrative user.
  • Select "I will update files myself"

After that it SHOULD just upgrade the data in the database; you might have to select the "check again" button twice (as on some systems I have seen it not take the button press the first time).

If it doesn't work after following the instructions directly, you may need advanced support to get the system upgraded.

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!