Oh don't know how to explain this mess.
My host said they need to move my VPS accout to a new server.
I had in mind to close our forum prior to the move. However I received an email
saying
Your Server new.britbike.com has been setup!
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

~ InterServer, Inc ~

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

Hello Morgan Johansson,
Your new VPS has been successfully setup!
+---------------------------------------------------+

| new.britbike.com |

+---------------------------------------------------+
Package: OpenVZ VPS Slice (CentOS 3 Slices)
IP Address: xxx.231.189.4

The new IP is xxx.231.189.4 so I was worried that messages was still posted to the old mysql on xxx.231.189.8 so I changed the 8 to a 4 in the >>>> » Control Panel » Primary settings.
and hit open the forum but nothing happened it got a white screen when trying to open the forum.
So I did following in Admin panel change back the digit 4 to 8 and submitted, then nothing happened a white screen.

so I went back to the forum window and hit reopen the page and got an error saying there is a problem finding mysql xxx.231.189.4 and then I open
the old root ftp account and manually changed the config.inc.php and set back to xxx.231.189.8

then tested and I get
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected 'DATABASE_USER' (T_STRING), expecting ')' in /XXXXXX/XXXXX/XXXXX/includes/config.inc.php on line 4
when trying again.

So now I'm totally lost,
my host says now
Currently a new server is prepped with cpanel installing. The change over has not occurred. The new vps is only to copy the data to, then the ips will swap. I will follow up when the copy starts. No changes will be needed on your end.

John Quaglieri
InterServer, Inc

Is above totally BS to you or do you have any ideas???
PLEASE ADVICE

Last edited by Morgan; 04/24/2017 4:58 PM.

Morgan Johansson
BritBike Forum
https://www.britbike.com/forums/ubbthreads.php