When I enable, we get an error message, “Sorry, you are not logged in or do not have permissions to do that.”

Logged in and seemed to work but then took me back to login screen with same error message.

Completely locked out as keeps giving same error message every time. Tried different steps and still same error message. Could not log back in on phone. I had the settings pulled up on computer and was able to change back without spider friendly urls. Saved for some reason as thought would say not logged in.

From php.ini:

; cgi.fix_pathinfo provides *real* PATH_INFO/PATH_TRANSLATED support for CGI. PHP's
; previous behaviour was to set PATH_TRANSLATED to SCRIPT_FILENAME, and to not grok
; what PATH_INFO is. For more information on PATH_INFO, see the cgi specs. Setting
; this to 1 will cause PHP CGI to fix its paths to conform to the spec. A setting
; of zero causes PHP to behave as before. Default is 1. You should fix your scripts
; to use SCRIPT_FILENAME rather than PATH_TRANSLATED.
; http://php.net/cgi.fix-pathinfo
cgi.fix_pathinfo=1

This was same issue I have had in past and why never enabled this feature. Any ideas?

NOTE: I have had these issues before adding the following custom code to our htaccess file.

# WP REWRITE LOOP START
RewriteEngine On
RewriteBase /
RewriteRule ^index\.php$ - [L]

# RewriteRule for Custom 3rd Party Apps outside of WP
RewriteRule ^forums/ - [L]

Also should note the attached image indicates the Keep me Logged In button does not show when error msg thrown. This applies also when spider friendly url turned off error message too
Attachments
0E1E6A11-0016-4CC9-B1CE-3E4ECE6982E3.png

Last edited by Geoff; 01/15/2018 2:53 PM. Reason: htaccess custom code

I am a Superstar! Testing signature here