I'm sorry that I'm not sorry for resurrecting an old thread. ;-) My post intends to address a few things in this one, so I felt it was pertinent.

I recently started tinkering with nginx on my home computer; had been using Apache for eons. I cannot, for the life of me, get these "friendly" URLs working correctly. I have 'kinda' gotten them working by using:

Code
location / {
            try_files $uri $uri/ /index.php?$args; 
}

But this just returns the same portal page, even if I click on the User List link. Without the above snippet, I get the nginx "No input file specified" when trying to use spider links. I'm running PHP 7.3.0 and nginx 1.15.9. I have tried setting cgi.fix_pathinfo to equal 0, to equal 1, and to just commenting it out, all to no avail. (Yes, I restart everything after making the changes.) I've come across multiple examples of people using 'rewrite' to make the links work on their particular website for whatever scripts they're using, but 'rewrite' looks like Greek to me. Here is the gist of the location section of my nginx.conf file:

Code
        location ~ \.php$ {
            include        fastcgi_params;
            fastcgi_pass   127.0.0.1:9000;
            fastcgi_index  index.php;
            fastcgi_param  SCRIPT_FILENAME $document_root$fastcgi_script_name;
        }

#This displays the website, but only the portal page, regardless of which link I click.
location / {
            try_files $uri $uri/ /index.php?$args; 
}

Thank you in advance!

P.S. -- I tried replacing the 'index.php' in the 'try_files' section with 'ubbthreads,php' and that still did not work.

Last edited by DLWebmaestro; 03/01/2019 9:38 PM.