Phillip, thank you for the explanation!

I setup a xampp version of my board on my local computer to test it. After bringing my local version to work I modify the mysqli.inc.php to see what happen. Now I understand whats going on. In my screenshot you see 2 postings. The first one is without mofify the file, the second one with your modification.

Now I have to find a quick way to change my 'wrong' stored chars to the propper one. Can this be done with a sql command in phpmyadmin? This would be the easy way. If not I have to use export / search&replace / import again.

Now the big questions: will this come in new ubb.threads version by default and how can every admin handle the char encoding change for old postings? Should be a maintenance tool inside the control panel do this job? Could be do a lot trouble...

Regards
Zarzal
Attachments
utf8.jpg


my board: http://www.dragonclan-forum.de
my hobby: http://www.biker-reise.de
Ich kann bei Fragen zu UBBthreads in Deutsch weiterhelfen oder es zumindest versuchen