Humm.
Not sure of your folder hierarchy. Meaning where the forum is located and where you ran the test script.
I would open the ubb cp and near the bottom select php info and look at the local value for
post_max_size
upload_max_filesize
or on the local value column look for anything that has the 2MB value.

The reason I ask is I found one host inmotion that the editable php.ini is not recursive meaning it passes values only to the folder it is in.
If a folder does not have a custom php.ini then it uses the default master file of which you usually do not have access to.
The last few sites I worked on the default file size was 2MB
There are ways around it..
copy the php.ini to multiple folders(not desired)
or place a statement in the htaccess file.

Of course it all could be a moot point if your browser cache has not refreshed since you changed the file size.

Last edited by Ruben; 06/11/2020 12:58 PM. Reason: Added Comment

Blue Man Group
There is no such thing as stupid questions. Just stupid answers