Originally Posted by jjjjj
I figured it out, needed to restart the webserver to pick up the change.
Yes, any changes to the webserver configuration must be reloaded to take effect.

Originally Posted by jjjjj
As for large files, I have modified ubb to accept mp4's, and other video formations, and run them through AWS MediaConvert for streaming transcoding and packaging. All the content is then on S3, which I have as a mounted file system. I have it set for 500mb.

I am running on AWS LightSail, 2.50-5 dollars a month for the instance and 15-20 per month for storage. We run a lot of pictures and video, about 10Tb which are mounted on S3 storage. Very nice performance at very low costs. The only setup issue with a fresh forum is you have to manually go in and set a lot of file/directory permissions. I have a cloud AMI image if anyone wants it that has the forum already built, just have to create an instance from the image.
That's actually a pretty interesting setup; I'm glad to see someone taking an out of the box solution and making it their own.


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!