If you have the proper server software.
I do not think mysqli should be involved since it really did not exist when your ubb version was around.
AFAIK

As I said before you probably need to revert to a really old xampp wamp version for it to run.
You need to do a lot of research to find the old versions.
Meaning you need to downgrade where you are on say php 4
That is why I said I feel you pain.
Trying to find a package that works.
It is not the software it is the version of software and what it supports.
If you have access to the live site check what flavor it runs for php, apache and mysql
That will give you a clue on what you need for your test server

Last edited by Ruben; 07/21/2020 5:33 PM.

Blue Man Group
There is no such thing as stupid questions. Just stupid answers