My website was originally created from a framework that I borrowed back in 1998.
it was with no WYSIWYG editor involved, a couple banner rotating perl scrips was used as well.
All layout within the HTML. Later I used dreamweaver to maintain it along with using UBB classic and then Threads.

Never dared to transit it to HTTPS.
Have been testing bootstrap a little now just by using an editor tool and created a few pages. Will try to learn more and rebuild the site.
That said I created a few pages using static banners and now I have deleted all old files from the server except for images and
UBBThreads.
The pages I have uploaded has no HTTP links mearly /forums and /image.xxxxx.jpg

Now I need to learn all the steps how to transit website and UBBThreads to HTTPS.

When that is learned I guess the first step is to close the forum and do a full backup, then proceed with the steps.

in CP >> Master settings >> Paths & Database form there is a box reading Full URL to Forum Directory qhich must have a full URL

then there is a box named Full URL or Relative URL to Forum Directory which I today have set relative to "/forums" is that ok then too or should I use the HTTPS full url?

Today its actually possible to use both HTTP or HTTPS both seems to work.

Anyway as you see I'm not ready yet to transit but wanted to lift this thread to the top again. It is very important not to screw up the forum.
Any advise is highly appreciated.

Cheers

Last edited by Morgan; 01/30/2021 7:21 AM.

Morgan Johansson
BritBike Forum
https://www.britbike.com/forums/ubbthreads.php