I ran the backup, which completed successfully (it took a long time - hours... I had not used it before, I always run mysqldump from the terminal which takes something like 15 seconds. Nevertheless it completed with no errors).

I then ran the collation updater again, with exactly the same results.

Quote
Run it again, PayPal table is right before Posts in alphabetical order.

Actually it's not, there are other tables like POLL_DATA which were updated successfully. POSTS itself appears to have been updated successfully, at least the columns are utf8mb.

In fact, all tables UP TO AND INCLUDING one called "STYLES" appear to be utf8mb. And all tables after that (from "SUBSCRIPTIONS") appear to be utf8 (not updated).

There are a couple strange things here. The log for PAYPAL_DATA query. It is a very long query string. The strange things about this are:
1. The query (as displayed in the browser) is truncated, and it's truncated in a slightly different spot each time I run the conversion tool. The second time I ran it, it display up to : "....MODIFY `OPTION_NAME2` varchar(255) CHARACTER SET utf8mb4 COLLATE utf8mb4_general_ci, MODIFY `OP"

2. This query is the last query that appears on the page, even though subsequent tables (including POSTS) WERE updated.

3. The page continues to load, without giving any feedback on the page, for maybe a minute or so.

This makes me think that maybe the Paypal query display issue is a separate issue, and that the script is continuing (but not outputing any text) until it encounters a second problem at the subscriptions table, and then it quits. BTW all the results up to the paypal query are displayed instantly (less than a second).

Last edited by sw55; 10/18/2023 6:34 PM.