I haven't been able to figure it out.

- If I set execute_sql to false in the script, then it successfully echos all the queries and completes as expected.

- If I watch the processlist in mysql, I can see it takes about 100 seconds or so on the Posts table, but there don't appear to be any problems.
If I log the queries, the last thing that is logged for the connection is

88 Query ALTER TABLE ubbt_SUBSCRIPTIONS DEFAULT CHARACTER SET utf8mb4 COLLATE utf8mb4_general_ci
88 Query SHOW FULL COLUMNS FROM ubbt_SUBSCRIPTIONS
88 Quit

- There are no error messages logged or visible anywhere.

It quits after about 230 seconds (more or less) for no apparent reason. (Execution time limit is set to 600 by the script). And sure enough, subscriptions is the last one that is done.

- I get the same result after I deleted a duplicate "POSTS" (backup) table that I had (it was spending time on that table as well) It makes no sense to me that the same thing still happens.

Last edited by sw55; 10/19/2023 5:09 PM.