We've been furiously fixed them all, so I'm not sure how many are left. However, I have put up a webpage where you can view screenshots of what we are seeing. AND, the owners just informed me that the weird characters are showing up in webmail as well, so it looks like this might be something on the server not related to mysql. Here's the webpage: https://www.stovebolt.com/weirdness.html

What, on a server, determines the charset used by default?

It occurred to me that this might be a setting in the apache conf. So, I checked: AddDefaultCharset UTF-8 was set correctly in the main conf file. I added it to the stovebolt conf file. We'll see if that fixes the problem.

Last edited by Baldeagle; 06/20/2024 5:25 PM.

The Stovebolt Geek
https://www.stovebolt.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php

Server Information
UBB.threads Version 8.0.0
Release 20240826
Server OS Linux
Server Load 0.11
Web Server Apache/2.4.37
PHP Version 8.3.11
MYSQL Version 8.0.39
Database Size 1.82 GB