I've been banging my head against a wall for the last two weeks while we've tried to endure and correct a bunch of load problems on our server here as well.

We have a fairly active board. I'm not sure how I could tell you the page views per day (I'd love to know), but I did a sum on b_counter in w3t_posts (based on the assumption it started counting just in the two weeks the board has been up) and it was over 5.2 million. We upgraded from UBB 6 using the import script (worked awesome, by the way, thank you!) so if the counter is kept there, then the above number probably won't mean much. For what it's worth, we have 9000 users (plus another 10k lurkers), 155,000 posts.

The board is installed on a 1.2Ghz Pentium system with 768Mb RAM, an 80 Gig RAID 5 array (we needed it with UBB!) using Win2k, IIS, PHP 4.1.1, MySQL 3.23.47.

Right now there's only a 120 people online and it's dog-slow!

The server is pegged at 100% for all but about 8 seconds a day. I was running it on the CGI version of PHP, but just switched it ISAPI a few seconds ago to see if that would help. The traffic seems to be better, but I've received "PHP has encountered an Access Violation at 77FCBAAC" errors at least four times since making that switch. (And yes, I saw the big disclaimer about using the ISAPI version!)

After a ton of connection problems, we seem to have settled on using sessions and persistent connections.

If most of these things are fixed in 6.0, I'd be happy to beta test!

Thanks in advance, gang. The message board is for scrapbookers http://mb.twopeasinabucket.com and there's nothing worse than 30,000 angry women yelling about taking away their chatterbox site!

Let me know if you need any further information.

Jeffrey