</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="">quote:</font><hr /><font size="" face="">Originally posted by Philipp:
It's <? phpinfo(); ?> and not <? phpinfo ?></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="" face="">Okay, I did that and it's working now. Here's the link: http://www.terranbbs.com/phpinfo.php

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="">quote:</font><hr /><font size="" face="">Originally posted by Philipp:
You need to create the file, then restart MySQL with /etc/rc.d/init.d/mysql stop & /etc/rc.d/init.d/mysql start</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="" face="">Okay, I've created the my.cnf file using what you wrote above, modifying the socket variable to correspond to what phpinfo reported. I uploaded it to my /etc directory; however, when I attempt to execute the stop and restart command you have listed above, I get a bash error saying that there isn't such a file (i.e. mysql). I checked out the /etc/rc.d/init.d directory and there isn't a mysql file there. I'll work with my hosting company to figure out how to stop and restart mysql, unless you have any idea where I might be able to find it.

The Terran BBS