I was looking through my server's error log and saw tons of style css file not found errors. Upon investigation, either the software, or the server is appending 10 numeric digits to the css file name when a style is edited.

So for example, the default style included has a css file with the title ubbthreads_1.css. I just edited that untouched style via the control panel style editor (not actually making any change to it) and the name changed to ubbthreads_1158437657.css. Is my server doing this or the V7 software? Every time the Update/Add Style button is clicked, the 10 digit number changes. As a result, there are tons of unfound css files in the error log with older ten digit numbers. It looks like my test user's pofiles are still looking for the older file names. Does anyone else see this happening on their server? I need to know if it is something specific to my server setup or software related. I've heard several reports from my test users of the software freezing on them. This may be the culprit.

The other common error in my error log is the file name blank.gif not found in a couple directories. Below are the directories that show up in the error log:
/images/forumimages/default/blank.gif
/styles/general/default/blank.gif

Last edited by Rick; 09/21/2006 1:48 PM.

Stress the system until it breaks. Hey.. it works for Spacecraft.. why not here?

UBB since 1999: MonteCarloSS.com