OK...I logged onto ubbcentral with my existing logon, and left that window open. I then opened a new browser window from the link in your message above, and it came up with me still logged on, as expected. I logged off in the new window and clicked on new user, entered a new name, etc, and submitted it, and it accepted with the expect-an-email message.

At first, I didn't get a confirmation email (which is also what happened when I was doing this on my board)...so out of curiosity, I went back to the browser window in which I had just registered, and tried to register ANOTHER name, by clicking on new user again. It wouldn't let me do this, though the new user button was there...instead, it brought me back, and said I had give my age as,..., as though I was still registering the previous name (even though it had PREVIOUSLY told me that the name was reserved, and I would be receiving an email shortly. ANYWAY, at that point, I closed both browser windows, and attempted to start over at the main index, which it allowed me to do.....

I then went back to check my email client, and found that the message for the new registration that I had completed, had given me a proper message, including the IP and the password.

don't know if this helps, since I did find the behavior puzzling...

oops!!! When I start a fresh window at the ubbcentral main index and then try to register a new user, it's still giving me the message,
" You entered your birth date as February 1, 1984 " with a "submit birth date" button

means the previous cookie is still there??

after I submit this, I'll clear all the cookies again, and see if it persists...I suppose there's no way it can

Tony