When I first Bought threads I believe it was that you are restircted to One licence per installation of threads was required. In other words back then anyway as long as I ran the forums for one domain or multiple domains that all were the same installation (IE two domains that point to the same IP address/Web Server I was ok regardless of the name of the domain. I was authorized one installation period in other words you could not have six different installs for one licenesed product nor could you purchase multiple licenses then let them expire and keep upgrading those older licenses with newer versions. Etc. I am sure it is perfectly legal for them to require you to follow the licensing aggreement since that is what you buy and not the rights to the actual code. It is also in the aggreement that you purchased the license with the code as is (or something like that) They will probably contiue to support threads to fix any serious bugs etc. since that is exactly what they are doing with threads 6.5.1 since it was supposed to be the last version of threads as was stated several months ago. If you dont want the new system noone is saying that you have to install it nor does anyone require you to keep updating your forums whenever a new release is out. (somtimes that is not very feasible and would be absurd.) what I think is required is that all installations are required to be licensed for that version.

I am absolutely sure that I have muddied the waters more in my reply

Maybe Dave or someone from the legal department could answer this a LOT better than me hehe