Gizmo - of course - I've been on a dedicated server since 2003 (about a week after my shared server host company discovered my UBB site - Oops!) - a very busy week to convert (they were VERY unhappy with the activity from my forums), and I have upgraded dedicated servers a number of times since then, but there is an absolute limit to what UBB Classic can handle, and ... well, I've even been told my forums are too busy for Threads (by Charles)..
Steven - I did look at the information available on the Groupee site - and I while it leave a ton of questions unanswered, I do see prices that make me think you have to handle larger forums.
Back when I was a working 'dude' - technology, computers and software, was my field (30+ years) - so I am VERY comfortable doing most of the things myself - but I just don't care about some parts now (boring after all these years I guess)..
If you could point me to some detailed information - I'd be happy to look and even to consider it.
I am hosting my forums, and my other sites, on servers that I control (100%), in a large, reliable, very secure, expensive (for me, but I figure I get what I pay for) and well connected data centre.